IAED - Haiti Donations

BEWARE OF YOUR DONATIONS.

Check out the non-profit status to determine how much actually goes to the needy.
Most of the funds go to the overhead costs of running the non-profit.
Look at salaries and other key expenses of the Non-Profit.

Haiti really needs help now/again, but Haiti always needed our help . . .
The right kind of help never came. (or came as funds and food which quickly seems to disappear, without development).
"Give them fish, and they want more fish, Teach them how to fish, and they want more freedom to grow."
The week before the Earthquake PBS ran a one hour show on how Haiti was feeding the children with MUD cookies.
Who cared or did anything about it then?

Is seems the only way a really poor country (or one we do not like) can survive is to either read and apply "The Mouse That Roared" a 1955 novel by Irish American writer Leonard Wibberley. Attack America . . . Pay the consequences . . . And wait for America to rebuild you.
Or, wait for God or Mother Nature to take its course.

"My 50 plus years of experience with some of the world's largest corporations, and many countries, proves to me that both do not focus on the their real problems.
In most cases, they don't know what their problems are. And, even when they do know, they do not KNOW HOW to solve them.
All leading to failure of some of the world's largest corporations, and many countries around the globe."
– Dr. Larry T. Gell

IAED has been offering (FREE/Charitable) real Social & Economic Development help for Haiti since our arrival in the United Nations in 1990.
Our charitable Country Projects, which builds teams and shows them how to solve their own problems, have been working for other countries . . . What do you think is the problem with Haiti?


Cosmetic Philanthropy:

Most Philanthropy is "Cosmetic." Like putting on makeup in the morning; It makes you look and feel good. If it was effective we would not see the problems that persist and the need to continually give. Philanthropy, and usually Foundations (corporate and private) are a legal tax haven for the rich and corporations where they only have to give away by law 5% a year. Thereby, investing the rest (95%) tax free with the intent to increase the Foundation more than the 5% a year give away. This way every year they are giving away more (that's nice) and pocketing much more for the foundation (themselves). It makes the rich look good and feel good for the public.

One of many examples: You give your tax paid money to McDonalds little boxes on every counter. McDonalds takes your money and donates your money tax free to run the McDonald House. They also get the IRS benefits of your money for their non-profit tax advantages. It would be nice if they started to give their own money away. By-the-by, doesn't "their money" come from all of us anyway? Since McDonals started this trend, you can not go into a store in the USA without them trying to get you to give/pay for their tax free corporate giving of your money.

Check out the non-profit status to determine how much actually goes to the needy. Most of the funds go to the overhead costs of running the non-profit. Look at salaries and other key expenses.

IAED has almost no overhead/expenses since 1990. Almost 100% of IAED donations goes to our charitable projects.


You can be a part of IAED.

If you would like to become involved with IAED as an Advisor, Country-Coordinator, Supporter, or Sponsor of our Weekly UN TV Broadcast/Webcast. Contact IAED.


Comments: Please E-mail: Administrator

or Contact IAED
Dr. Larry T. Gell


© Copyright 1990-2016 IAED. All rights reserved.

Return to IAED Home Page or Contact IAED